The flashlight won’t turn off? Mastering how to turn on/off your flashlight on the iPhone is a really simple process. In this article, we will look at how to use various methods to turn the flashlight on and off.
The iPhone flashlight is accessible through the Control Center, the Lock screen, or by asking Siri to turn it on or off. Your iPhone’s camera’s LED flash functions as a flashlight. This implies that all iPhones, from the earliest versions, such as the iPhone 4, up to the most recent iPhones, include the flashlight capability.
The iPad, iPad Pro, and the no longer manufactured iPod Touch all include flashlights that can be turned on and off in a manner quite similar to the iPhone. So, you don’t need to pay for a flashlight app; it’s free!
And if you’ve been wondering how, you make your flashlight brighter or dimmer, we’ll also teach you how to adjust your iPhone flashlight’s brightness.
How To Turn Your Flashlight On Or Off Using Your Control Center
Any iPhone or iPad Pro’s Control Center is where you can access your flashlight, but depending on which iPhone model you have, there are several ways to reach the Control Center. How to use the flashlight from the Control Center is shown below.
- Swipe down from the upper right corner of your Home Screen.
- Tap the flashlight icon to turn it on.
- Tap the flashlight icon again to turn the flashlight off.
Flashlight Icon Missing? How To Add The Flashlight Icon To The Control Center
You must re-enable the flashlight icon in the Control Center menu in the Settings app if it is not visible from the Control Center. to Get the flashlight icon you lost back follow the simple steps below
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Control Center.
- Scroll down to Flashlightand tap on the green circle
How To Turn On The Flashlight On Iphone & Turn Off Flashlight On Iphone From The Lock Screen
This feature of the iPhone that allows you to turn your flashlight on or off without having to open your phone is pretty simple and saves you a whole deal of trouble. To do this,
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap the Flashlight button
- To turn the light off too, just tap on the flashlight button again.
A Quick Trick For Turning The Flashlight Off
It may seem like too many steps to open the Control Center and search around for the appropriate icon to turn off the flashlight, especially if Hey Siri isn’t enabled or you choose not to allow access to Control Center from your Lock screen.
Here’s how to off the flashlight on your iPhone without using the Control Center.
Opening the Camera app on your iPhone disables the flashlight since they share the same lightbulb. However, you must first unlock your phone in order to accomplish this.
- From the Lock Screen, swipe leftas though to access the Camera and release before reaching the halfway point.
- The Flashlight will turn off, and you’ll still be on the Lock Screen.
Using Siri To Turn On Or Off The Flashlight
Instead of fiddling with your iPhone in the dark, you may ask Siri to activate the flashlight. You have two options for using Siri to switch on and off the flashlight: either say “Hey Siri” or wake her up by pressing the Side or Home button. Here’s how to use Siri to switch on and off your flashlight:
- To turn your flashlight on, you can simply say “hey Siri, turn flashlight on” and your flashlight will be lit.
- You can repeat the same instruction to turn it off. E.g., “Siri, can you shut my flashlight” or “Siri, can you turn my flashlight off”
- You catch the drift. It is pretty simple.
Turn Off Or On Your Flashlight Without Saying “Hey Siri”
You can still ask Siri to switch on and off the flashlight even if Siri isn’t activated. Try this approach instead if Hey Siri isn’t functioning or you haven’t activated Hey Siri on your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Side button and ask Siri to turn the flashlight on
- Press and hold the Side button and ask Siri to turn the flashlight off.
How To Change The IPhone Flashlight’s Brightness
Remember we said we will show you how to increase or dim the brightness of your flashlight. Here you go. A bonus tip for staying to this point.
- Open the Control Center.
- Press and hold the Flashlight icon.
- A segmented bar will appear on screen. Swipe up on the bar to turn up the flashlight’s brightness.
- Swipe down on the bar to dim the flashlight.
- Select the brightness you desire, then tap the screen to return to the Control Center.