We understand that you are looking for a comprehensive guide on how to connect a PS4 controller to an iPhone.
In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to connect your PS4 controller to your iPhone, and also provide some troubleshooting tips in case you encounter any issues.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that you need to have iOS 13 or later installed on your iPhone in order to connect your PS4 controller.
If you’re not sure which version of iOS you have, you can check by going to Settings > General > About and looking for the “Software Version” field.
How To Connect PS4 Controller To iPhone
Below are the comprehensive steps to connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone;
Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone
The first step to connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone is to turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle the switch to turn it on.
Step 2: Put your PS4 controller in pairing mode
Next, you need to put your PS4 controller in pairing mode. To do this, press and hold the PlayStation button and the Share button on the controller until the light bar on the controller begins to flash.
Step 3: Connect your PS4 controller to your iPhone
Once your PS4 controller is in pairing mode, it should appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices on your iPhone. Tap on the name of your PS4 controller in the list to connect it to your iPhone.
Step 4: Test your PS4 controller
After connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone, it’s a good idea to test it to make sure it’s working properly. Open a game that supports MFi (Made for iPhone) controllers and try using your PS4 controller to play the game.
How To Disconnect Your PS4 Controller from your iPhone
If you want to disconnect your PS4 controller from your iPhone after you’re done playing, you can follow these steps:
- Swipe diagonally across your screen from the upper right to lower left (if you have face ID enabled) or swipe up from the bottom of your screen (if you have touch ID).
- Press and hold the Bluetooth icon.
- A menu will appear with your available devices, including your DualShock controller. Find the icon that says “Bluetooth: On,” and press and hold it.
- Press the name of your controller to disconnect it.
Alternatively, you can navigate to the Bluetooth menu from Settings:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Under My Devices, find “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller” and click the small ‘i’ icon next to it.
- Press Disconnect to disconnect the controller.
By following these steps, you can quickly and easily disconnect your PS4 controller from your iPhone when you’re done playing.
Why Can’t I Connect My PS4 Controller To My iPhone?
There might be a few reasons why you’re having problems connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone:
- Compatibility: Not all PS4 controllers are compatible with iPhones. Compatible with iPhones running iOS 13 or later are only controllers with the model number CUH-ZCT2U (the latest version).
- Connectivity: Your iPhone’s Bluetooth may not be activated or may be malfunctioning. Verify that Bluetooth is enabled in the iPhone’s settings and that the iPhone is within range of the controller.
- Firmware: Your controller’s firmware may need to be updated. You may upgrade the firmware of your controller by attaching it to your PS4 and navigating to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Pairing: Ensure that the controller and iPhone are properly paired. Press and hold the PS and Share buttons on the controller until the light bar begins to flash. Next, under the iPhone’s Bluetooth settings, pick “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller” from the list of supported devices.
If you’re having trouble connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your PS4 controller is fully charged.
- Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 13 or later.
- Make sure your PS4 controller is in pairing mode.
- If your PS4 controller still isn’t appearing in the list of available Bluetooth devices on your iPhone, try resetting the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone is a fairly simple process that can greatly enhance your gaming experience on the go.
Just make sure to follow the steps outlined above, and if you encounter any issues, try the troubleshooting tips provided. Happy gaming.
You are the reason we write content like this. You can support our work by sharing this article with your friends on social media.
Kindly subscribe to the push notifications to avoid missing important posts like this. Have thoughts to share about this post? Let us hear from you in the comment section.