Many people think corrupting a file is a very complex task to do by just hearing of it. But it is not so, it is one of the easiest tasks to perform. It is one of the tasks you can do in a short time, just by following the steps you will be provided in this article.
There are several steps or methods to follow in order to corrupt a file either on your Mac/ P.C. We will discuss how to corrupt a file successfully in a few methods for you to choose anyone you think is easier.
Is It Possible To Corrupt A File?
Absolutely yes. If your computer loses power or crashes as you save a file, there’s a good possibility that the file will become corrupted. Bad sectors on your hard drive or other storage media can also cause file corruption, even if the saving process finishes properly. Viruses and other malware can also cause file corruption.
How Can A File Become Corrupted?
File corruption usually happens when there is an issue during the ‘save’ process. If your computer crashes, the file being saved will likely be corrupted. Another cause might be damaged sections of your hard drive or storage media that might have viruses and malware.
How To Corrupt A File
You can corrupt a Word file or other types of files by renaming, or using Notepad, an online file corrupter, and file compression tool. If you have mistakenly damaged files that you need, use the EaseUS file repair tool to fix the damaged files instantly.
Corrupting A File On Mac And PC by changing The File Extensions
When file extensions are changed, it can interfere with the smooth running of the operating system by confusing it with the type of file and stopping it to run.
File extensions are indicators that instruct the operating system on the kind of files and how they should run.
- Click on the windows button and search for the folder options
- Click on ‘view’ when the folder options open
- Tick the box in-front of the show file extensions command
- Go to the file you want to corrupt, now it will have an extension name, if it is a document, you will see ‘DOCX’ at the end of the document’s name.
- Right-click on the file and rename it.
- All you need to do is to change the extension name and press enter on your keyboard.
After this, whenever anyone wants to open this file, it will appear as an error because the operating system cannot run it.
How To Corrupt A File Using Notepad on Windows
Following these steps will help you to corrupt a file using Notepad on Windows;
- Right-click on the file you want to corrupt and launch it with Notepad. It may take a while to open, this depends on the file type, so please be patient.
- When Notepad is successfully launched, you will see lots of unfamiliar commands. Kindly select 10-12 lines of the command, it can be from the beginning, middle or end of it and delete those selected lines.
- After deleting, Save the file and close the notepad Application. It may take a little longer, kindly wait for the application to close.
- Use any file viewer to run the file, the file will not be opened because it has been corrupted. It will take 1-2 minutes to be complete fully.
Using An Online File Corrupter To corrupt A File On Mac And PC
Online file corrupter helps you to corrupt files on purpose without easy detection by supervisors or unauthorized users of your PC.
This is a free-to-use online tool that corrupts your file very easily.
- Open your web browser and type the website, (http://corrupt-a-file.net/) in the address bar.
- Scroll down and click on “From your computer” just below the select the file to corrupt.
- Locate the file you want to corrupt, click on it and upload it to the website
- Click on ‘ Corrupt file ‘ from the options
- The Uploaded file will be corrupted and saved at your desired destination on the computer.
Using File Compression Tool To Corrupt A File.
With this method, you have to download the WinRAR Archiver online for free. This is the best tool used to corrupt a file. After downloading;
- Right-Click on the file you want to corrupt and click on ‘compress’
- When the compression is almost 90% completed, pause and cancel the compression.
- Canceling at 90% will cause the compressor to create a new file because the compressed file does not have full data of the previous file, it won’t run.
How To Repair Corrupted File With Repair Tool
There are times you may need a file you corrupted by intentional motives or by a virus urgently. When you are able to have access to that file again can change something great and make you feel comfortable.
An application such as EaseUS file repair tool can repair all corrupted files in just a minute! It can repair files such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PDF, videos, and images.
Download the EaseUS tool and follow the following steps.
- Open the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard tool
Select the disk location where the corrupted files are saved. Click “scan” to start finding the broken files.
- After scanning, you will immediately find the corrupt data by file type. The damaged files to be repaired are mostly ending in JPEG, PNG, MP4, GIF and what have you.
- All the damaged, broken files will be repaired will automatically be repaired by EaseUS. Click on ‘ Recover’ and save the recovered files to a different location, this will prevent duplication of the file.
How To Corrupt A File [Video Guide]
If you have followed this guide very well, I am pretty sure you have successfully been able to corrupt files using the various methods and have been able to recover your corrupted files too. If you still have challenges, kindly let us know your questions via the comment section.
You are the reason we write content like this. You can support our work by sharing this article with your friends on social media as well.
Kindly subscribe to the push notifications to avoid missing important posts like this. Have thoughts to share about this post? Let us hear from you in the comment section.