Have you had trouble returning your Samsung TV to its original settings? If you are having trouble enjoying the beautiful experience that comes with your Samsung TV’s original settings, this guide promises to restore that experience.
Changes to the original settings are not always intentional. This is often attributed to children playing with the TV remote in many households. There is a way to do it, whether it is caused by the children or you (the parent).
If the problem is with the sound, language, display, or resolution settings, a simple fix detailed in this guide can restore your euphoria.
When you have an issue with your television, you may want to perform a factory reset and start over. The good news is that, while this is a possibility, it may not be necessary.
Your television also includes many self-diagnosis tools that can assist you in resolving any signal, network, picture, or sound issues.
If you are unable to locate the reset option on your Samsung Smart TV. This guide will show you How to Reset a Samsung Smart TV.
This is a step-by-step guide to resetting and setting up your TV as new, or as it was the first time you turned it on out of the box.
How To Reset Samsung TV
Navigate to and open Settings, and then select General. Select Reset, and then enter your PIN (0000 is the default). Select Reset again, and your TV will restart automatically.
How To Reset Samsung TV (Step-by-Step)
You can restore all TV settings (excluding the network settings) to their factory defaults.
- Open Settings, and then select General.
- Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
- To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
- If these steps don’t match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis. The reset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.
Note: The Reset function is not available if you are using an app.
How To Reset Samsung TV (Older televisions)
- The only thing you’ll need for this process on older TVs is your Samsung Smart Remote. Before you begin, make sure your television is turned off.
- Take your Smart Remote and press Info + Menu + Mute + Power at the same time.
- Next, program your remote with the following commands: 1 > 8 > 2 > Power > Mute
- Your television will begin to operate in service mode. Go to Options > Factory Reset on your remote.
- Your television has now been turned off. Simply restart your device to continue with the setup.
How Do I Reset My Samsung TV Without The Remote?
While you cannot fully factory reset your TV without a remote, you can perform a simple reset, which should help if your TV is experiencing minor issues.
Simply turn off the TV, then turn off the power to the TV at the wall outlet, and then press and hold the start button on the TV for at least 15 seconds.
After that, release the TV and then turn it back on at the power socket. You can now restart your TV by pressing the power button, and it should be reset.
How Do I Fix The Black Screen Of Death On My Samsung TV?
You may need to update your firmware, or during the update, there was a problem. You can normally resolve this by unplugging the TV, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in. Next, update your firmware – but ensure your TV is connected to your Wi-Fi.
How Do I Reset My Samsung TV If It Won’t Turn On?
If you want to reset your Samsung TV, but it won’t turn on, there are various fixes that you can carry out;
- Check and change the battery of the remote. It may be the reason the television cannot be turned on.
- Unplug the TV from the wall for 60 seconds.
- Unplug the TV and hold the power button of the TV for 30 seconds. This is what we call a hard reset on the TV, and it will drain any power in the TV set before you plug it in again.
- Connect the TV socket to a different wall outlet and make sure you are giving the TV the correct power source, the last option to try is to
- Make sure all your cables are well-connected to your TV set.
What Is The Factory Reset Code For Samsung TV?
The factory reset code for Samsung TV is 0000. Navigate to and open Settings, and then select General. Select Reset, and then enter your PIN (0000 is the default). Select Reset again, and your TV will restart automatically.
How Do You Get To the Menu On Samsung Without a Remote?
You should long-press the center button to turn on the TV, single-press the button to move the focus, and long-press to make a selection.
Other TV models have the controller located on the bottom of the bezel, on the right-hand side as you’re facing the TV. Single press the button to bring up the menu.
Below is a video that throws more light on resetting your Samsung TV;
If you have followed this guide very well, I am pretty sure you have successfully been able to reset your Samsung TV. If you still have challenges, kindly let us know your questions via the comment section.
You are the reason we write content like this. You can support our work by sharing this article with your friends on social media.
Kindly subscribe to the push notifications to avoid missing important posts like this. Have thoughts to share about this post? Let us hear from you in the comment section.