This can be you if you make the change from an android device to an iPhone. Switching might be stressful especially if you can’t transfer your contacts from android to iPhone. It is a whole distinct ecosystem, one that is more exclusive and tightly wrapped. You should also be aware that these two systems are significantly different.
Because of this, moving your data from one platform to another might be challenging. Even if Android is currently more ubiquitous, iOS is also major player and a big platform and you could eventually wish to switch to an iPhone.
No judgment from us! After all, iOS does some things better than Android. Most likely, you will want to move all of your data to your new phone. Your contacts are a crucial item you should bring along. How useful is your new phone, after all, if you cannot transfer your contacts?
We have found several tested and verified options you can choose from that would save you the trouble of saving your contacts individually if you want transfer your contacts from your android.
Method 1: Transfer Contact From Android To Iphone Using “Move To Ios” App
Utilizing Apple’s own app “Move to iOS” should be your initial point of contact when making the transition to an iPhone. You should definitely use this free software to move your Android content to a new iPhone. This approach works best when you are configuring a brand-new iPhone.
Use one of the other techniques in this article if you have already finished setting up your new iPhone. Not only limited to your contacts, “Move to iOS” can also transfer your messages, camera photos, videos, web bookmarks, email accounts and calendars. The following method is how to use the “Move to iOS”.
- Go to Google play store and download “Move to iOS” on your android device
- Turn on your new iPhone and initiate the process of setting it up. Connect to a Wi-Fi network when prompted
- At the Apps & Data step of your iPhone configuration, tap “move data from android”
- Note the security code displayed on your iPhone
- Open the “Move to iOS” on your android and enter that security code when required
- Select the data you want to transfer to your iPhone including your contacts
- Make sure to leave your iPhone undisturbed throughout the transfer process. It may take a while to be done depending on the amount of data you are moving.
Method 2: Transfer Your Android Contacts Using Google Account
The sync feature of your Google account backs up your contacts and other data in the cloud, making it incredibly easy to access them anywhere in the world and on any device once you sign in on your google account.
Now let us go through the steps to use this easy method.
- Make sure you have synced your contacts to your google account. If you haven’t done so,
- Go to settings
- Go to accounts
- Go to Google
- Tap on sync. If you get the option to sync a certain content, make sure sync your contacts is enabled
- On your iPhone, open your settings app
- Scroll down and tap on “Accounts and Passwords”
- Tap on “add account” to add your google account. Make sure to enable contacts during set up
- Once your account is set up, you will see your contacts appearing in your phone app
Method 3: Transfer Your Contacts From Android To Iphone Using Sim Card
You can import contacts easily from your android to your new iPhone if it uses a physical SIM card to access mobile services.
- Before we start, make sure your contacts are backed on your android and exported to your sim. To do this follow these steps
- Open your contacts app
- Tap on the menu (three dot stripes) on the top right corner of the phone
- Tap on import and export
- Then tap on export
- Once you are done, eject into sim card from the android and insert into your iPhone
How To Transfer You Contact If Your Iphone Uses An E- Sim
After complete export from your android to sim card,
- From your iPhone settings, scroll down to contact
- Tap on import sim contacts
Method 4: Transfer Your Contacts From Android To Iphone Using Contact Transfer.
No cloud storage is required; the Windows app Contact Transfer will transfer contacts from your Android to your iPhone via your PC. You can also manage contacts on your mobile from your PC using the app. You can use it to add, edit and delete contacts – what more could you need?
Here is how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone via your PC
- Download and install Contact Transfer software on your Windows PC.
- To connect your Android device to your PC, you will also need to install the free Contact Transfer Android app from Google Play Store.
- On Contact Transfer on the PC, select Android as your Source, and iPhone as your Destination device. Click Continue.
- To Connect your devices:
- Open the Contact Transfer app on your Android, tap “Scan Contact Transfer QR Code”. Then use your device’s camera to scan the QR code shown in Contact Transfer on your computer.
- Use your iPhone’s USB cable to connect it with your PC.
- Select the contacts you wish to transfer or click the All checkbox to select all contacts from your list.
- Click on transfer.