Updating apps on your iPhone or iPad and making sure they are up-to-date is incredibly important. It’s crucial to make sure that third-party apps on your iPhone or iPad are updated, much like iOS upgrades.
The creator updates the software frequently to address errors, add new features, and enhance stability and compatibility with the operating system. So, keeping your iPhone or iPad up to date will make it run faster and increase your security that keeps you protected.
Updates for your applications are frequently one of the quick fixes when an app acts badly or fails.
How To Update Your Apps Manually On Your IPhone Or IPad
Every program you download for your iPhone or iPad ought to update immediately by default. However, doing so is simple if you would rather handle your updates manually.
In this section, I’ll show you how to disable automatic updates for your iPhone or iPad applications and how to manually update them.
You’ll control app updates in the same location where you first downloaded them: the App Store.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and tap your profile iconin the top-right corner.
- Scroll down until you see a list of apps. The ones that say updatenext to them can be updated, while the ones that say open have already been updated.
- Tap updatenext to each app you want to update, and the download/installation process will begin.
- From the iPhone and iPad Home screen or App Library, long-press the App Store icon.
- Choose Updates.
- Tap Update All or UPDATE next to individual apps.
How To Update Apps On Your Mac
- Open the App Store.
- In the sidebar, click Updates.
- Click Update next to an app to update only that app, or click Update All.
How To Manually Update Apps On Your Apple Watch
- Open the App Store and scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap on account.
- Tap on updates.
- Tap on update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.
How To Turn On Or Off Automatic Updates On Your IPhone
- Tap on Settings app
- Navigate to iTunes & App Store, then tap on it.
- Under Automatic Downloads, tap on the Updates button to enable/disable the feature.
- If the switch is green, the feature is enabled; if it’s white, then automatic app updates is disabled.
Automatically Update Apps On Your IPhone or IPad
You can automatically update your apps without going through the pain of doing it all by yourself manually. This is how to do that:
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Tap App Store.
- Under automatic downloads, toggle on App Updates
How To Fix Apps That Won’t Update
Your programs may occasionally stop updating automatically or manually. Try these troubleshooting suggestions if you encounter this problem.
1. Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
If you’re using cellular data, certain applications won’t update. Before attempting to install the update, you should wait until you are near a Wi-Fi signal.
Open the Settings app and choose Wi-Fi to see if you’re connected to Wi-Fi. You’ll notice a network name with a checkbox next to it if you’re connected.
2. Restart Your Iphone
Restarting your phone can sometimes fix updates that have stopped working. Your iPhone should be turned off, then back on.
3. Pause And Restart The Update
When an app is updating, you’ll see its icon gray out, and you won’t be able to open it. Usually this goes away within a few minutes, but sometimes updates get “stuck,” and they’ll never leave this grayed-out state.
To fix this, try tapping the app’s icon to pause the update, then tap it again to restart the update. If that doesn’t work, tap and hold the icon until you see a menu appear. Select Pause Download, then do it again and choose Resume Download.
4. Uninstall And Reinstall The App
You might need to uninstall the program and reinstall it from the program Store if nothing else has worked so far. You won’t have to pay again if the app is paid, so don’t worry. With just a swipe, you may reinstall any program you’ve already downloaded from the program Store.
You’ll automatically receive the most recent version of the application, which contains the update, when you reinstall it.
5. Change The Payment Method On Your IPhone
You won’t be able to install new updates or download new applications, including free ones, if your Apple ID account doesn’t have a working payment method linked to it. Through the Apple ID menu, you may add or delete payment methods from your iPhone.
Remove any payment methods that have expired or been rejected before adding new ones. Try updating your app once again once you’ve provided a valid payment method.